Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Favorite Photo


I took this photo this past Sunday when a really good friend of mine and I went for a walk down by the harbor. It is my favorite photo - not only of all the photos I took that day, but of all the photos I ever took with Fairbanks. I just love how the rays of the afternoon sun drown this picture in warmth, evoking a feeling of complete serenity. It elicits memories of far away places, holidays spent by the sea, listening to the screaming sea gulls - and then I realize that it is not a far away place but down by the harbor. I realize how special this is, how lucky I am, how beautiful everything around us is, if we just take the time to look at it more closely. It was not only absolutely beautiful but interesting, too. We explored all the different gadgets used in the fishing industry including various types of hooks, nets and lobster creels.


No comments:

Post a Comment